Sunday, November 23, 2014

These past months have been full of doctor appointments, and playing with my granddaughter - Rosie.  Rosie keeps my spirits up while I wait for and undergo several tests.  I already mentioned the test that the government uses to determine if I was disabled.  That came back positive.

Next I started with a full physical and flu shots and blood tests to see about my overall health.  The usual stuff.  I had a hearing test, which led to getting a hearing aid.  That was the best thing ever!  I was diagnosed over 20 years ago with Meniers disease.  Nothing they can do for it.  Gradually you lose the hearing in one ear.  Mine was my left.

It is genetic and my Grandmother had it.  I was told that it comes down only from the maternal grandmother. Once they rule out all other possibilities and do a nerve test you know you have it.

Now, years later, my hearing in the left ear has been declining steadily.  I finally came to the point where I could no longer hear out of the left ear at all.

So what happened next?  My husband called all four brothers and pleaded his cause.  "Could you donate to a hearing aid for your sister?  I am getting hoarse yelling at her. ; )  

All fou brtothers put into the kitty.  This is no a small thing.  Hearing aids are usually in the thousands dollar range.  Mine was over $1,500.

I have it for almost 2 weeks and go in tomorrow to have it fine tuned.  So far so good!  I love it and everyone else is so happy they can use their normal voices.

Thanks guys!!!!!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment