I am
happy to say that the medicine I am on seems to be helping! It is
called “Donepezil HCL” and is used for Alzheimer’s patients
with good success. I have been on it for about a month, and noticed
that it was taking the edge off my confusion. It is hard to
describe, really. I can relate it to needing glasses. I was in
second grade when I got my first pair of glasses. Till then trees
were big green things to me, but when I put on my new glasses for the
first time I saw leaves. I was so excited to see the leaves on the
tree! They had different shapes and funny edges and fluttered
individually in the breeze.
Just
previous to my diagnosis I took up reading one of my favorite books –
“The Count of Monte Cristo” for the ?nth time and found that I
could not grasp what I was reading. Nothing more frustrating than
reading something you cannot understand! There are so many
characters to track and plots to follow....I was afraid that my
favorite pass time for all my life – reading great books – was no
longer enjoyable. I even thought of tossing my books out – not a
small task since I have five 6 ft high bookcases full of books.
Recently
I picked the book up to try again. It was like the medicine took the
edge off the confusion. I am enjoying reading about my favorite
Count once again.
For now
I will celebrate this victory and read all I can and enjoy it with
all the gusto I can. For an avid reader – that is a lot of gusto.
I feel like getting all my books out and reading every one! :)
Happy
Reading Everybody!
No comments:
Post a Comment