Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The New Year

It is always great to start a new year with snow!  But, I feel bad for those in the Midwest who had the freezing wind chills the past few days.  Stay warm family and friends!  

As part of my own mantra, I took 2 weeks off for the holidays.  I hope that your holiday was enjoyable and slow.  I hope that you savored the best of it - the friends, family, gifts, lights, packages and joy.  It really is a great time to celebrate!

Now that we are entering 2014, it's time to get busy.  What do you want this year?  Where do you want to be in January 2015?  Resolve to make this year better.  Here are some things to think about:

Are you too busy?  Make a list of all the things that matter most to you and make them come first.    Put the list in a conspicuous place.  Look at it before you commit to anything. 
Make sure that you are keeping the most important things at the top of your priorities.  
Practice saying - "Let me check my calendar" or "I'll have to pass" or "No, but thank you for asking me".  

Give yourself some time.  Make personal goals that keep you moving forward.  Be good to yourself.  The best way to do that is to make improvements.  Not the things that others would desire, but the improvements that you want.  Deep down in your heart you have ambitions, hopes, ideas.  Take something from these and plan to pursue them.  Choose wisely.  Don't sacrifice what is most important!  

For me, Family is more important than anything else.  I want my family to know that I love them.  I want to help them when I can.  I want to give them support and comfort.  I have great joy when I see my loved ones  happy.  Maybe that sounds crazy and old fashioned, but happiness truly comes with love and understanding of the ones closest to you.

I wish for you a Happy New Year and many wonderful moments and memories that will make it a good year.  

Happy 2014

1 comment:

  1. Very eloquently said. I agree wholeheartedly. I'm very excited about your experience to visit your new grand baby! They are SO wonderful! Have a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete