Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My Wishes

It has happened again....

Those of you who have known me the past 10 years will not be surprised.  Rather, you will think to yourselves – Again!!?!  Well, it is true.  I have met with my nemesis once again, and once again I lost.  Don’t worry, there are no broken bones-  Just bruises and frustration.   If there were any home that exists that had NO stairs, I would move there immediately. 

Honestly, it is ridiculous!  I was not so clumsy as a child.  I believe my recent diagnosis may answer my own “why” questions a bit.  But add to that Meniere’s Disease and you have a 2 punch in the gut.  I inherited Meniere’s from my grandmother.  It affects balance and hearing.  I was diagnosed with it some time ago, but it has come on so gradually that I hardly think of it.  I believe it is adding to my frustrations now. 

Wishing is fun sometimes, when you can’t change it otherwise.  So, other than a house with no stairs, I would love to have a few other things. The next wish would be for a private jet so that I could freely visit my children and grandchildren on a whim.  And while I am at it, I might as well wish for a new car, with anti-accident gadgets throughout.  And please add to that a fully functioning brain for the car to take me anywhere I want to go, and never get lost!


I know that I cannot wish away all the tough things in life.  Many of those past experiences have made me strong, resilient, and more determined.  I come by it honestly, you see – the determination. I got it from Grandma Johnson along with the Meniere’s.  She lost her husband at an early age, and raised her large family on her own.  She worked hard, prayed a lot, and never gave up her sense of humor.  She lived to be 93!  Thanks Grandma for your example.  I will stay tough and determined.  I will continue to make do the best I can with what the Lord has given me.  Love you Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment